Xombie: Chapter 7 Xombie: Chapter 7

xombie yes music no

A good animation deserves good, original music. SHAME ON YOU, Mr. Farr, for continuing to use licensed music in the Xombie series. There are a number of excellent orchestral, techno, and heavy metal artists in the Audio Portal. If you've got enough time to find licensed music, you've got enough time to search the AP instead.

.A New Hope. .A New Hope.

lesson one

A suggestion on how to give drums "meat:"

EQ and Pan. Each person has their own preferenecs, but slightly panning each drum will add a little depth. EQing so that each drum has it's own frequency (bass drum will probably claim a low range, snare probably a high range) where it's allowed to "punch" through a little bit will add a lot too. Because you've assigned them their own frequencies, you can turn up their volume a little and it won't drown out the rest of the instruments. Try it out, see if you like it!

johnfn responds:

Ooh, thanks a lot! I'll try this on my next song! I have to say, I've never used EQ before, so this is gonna be fun :D

§Zeth§ War of souls §Zeth§ War of souls

woohoo

I agree with Chronamut, but don't be discouraged, it's really, really hard to "master" a track. It's great to see how many of your tracks have been used in submissions! Keep up the good work.

XGM-Zeth responds:

I thank you, I agree with it being hard to master a track, but I'll manage.

oilycloudbiscuit (full) oilycloudbiscuit (full)

neat

This was cool! I liked the harpsichord itself but not the "left hand" chords in the harps, they got kinda muddy. Not repetitive, yet it doesn't get lost in itself. You obviously know what you're doing -- keep up the good work!